Monday, January 4, 2016

On the Road Again

As of 5pm local time (11AM CST) I am sitting in a guest house in Accra (Ach-RAA) waiting for dinner. I leave at 6:30 for the airport. The plane leaves for Amsterdam at 10PM. I get there at about 7AM and get to sit and stew until about 4 PM when I get the flight to ATL and on to MGM, arriving there about 10 PM on Tuesday 5 January.

I have several posts in the works that I haven't beaten into shape, as yet. These will surface when I can, so please check back. In the meantime, I spent most of today writing the next book and walking a mile in one direction for lunch and two miles in the other direction for a cup of coffee and some banana bread. Breakfast is served only if you sign up in time (I didn't know this). Lunch is not served.

I arrived yesterday via a flight from Tamale (TAM-a-lay). The hamarttan has relented for the time being and planes are flying again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I spent the longest month of my life there in October of 1994, an obstetrics and gynecology resident from the U.S. Louisiana State University with roots in the West Indies. I have never been the same. Still I practice with efficiency, I do not waste, and I do not take things like food, or access to medical care for granted. I have never forgotten the haunting memories of children drowning of starvation and their mothers' wails, the patience of people waiting sometimes for days to see the doctors, camped out in front of the clinic after walking for miles, or the little girl whose little anemic body came to life after I transfused her my own O+ blood because there was no blood bank and her anemic pregnant mother could not be a donor. I will never forget you